Around the time I was sent the sample, I was battling with some major stinkies and I could just not get the ammonia smell out of her diapers. I used up my free sample, and didn't win the battle by that point...I wasn't yet using the right de-stinking method. I KNEW I liked the Rockin' Green detergent though so I went ahead and ordered a full size bag, with faith that I would figure out how to get my dipes smelling good again!
Finally I gave the soak method a try, which was recommended on the Rockin' Green site. I have a front loader, so I had to soak my diapers in a rubbermaid tub in the bathtub, but I did it. 3 tbsp of Rockin Green, stinky dipes and hot water...1 hour. Then I did a cold wash with no detergent, then a hot with 1 tbsp detergent, then a hot wash without, plus an extra rinse.
So far so good!!! The ammonia smell seems to finally be gone (for those of you not familiar with ammonia smell in cloth...the dipes don't actually smell until baby pees in them, then the buildup on the dipe mixes with the urine and produces a foul smell.)
I have made the official switch, using up the last of my old detergent (which I think is the cause of the ammonia stinkies). I am now the proud owner of a big ol bag of Classic Rock ~ Monkey Snacks!
Rockin' Green is giving one of YOU a 45/90 bag of detergent! You get to choose the formula and scent!
Visit Rockin' Green and leave a comment here telling what scent you would choose if you are the winner.
After you do that, you can gain some extra entries by any of the following, remember to leave an extra comment for each item so they will count as entries...
- If you have a baby who is already wearing cloth diapers (or a baby on the way who will be in cloth), give yourself an extra entry (this is an honor thing, please don't lie).
- If you follow Rockin' Green on Twitter, give yourself an extra entry.
- If you follow me on Twitter, give yourself an extra entry.
- If you are battling stinky diapers yourself, tell what the issue is in a comment and the brand of detergent you are using now for an extra entry.
- If you Follow/Subscribe to Lil' Ladybug give yourself an extra entry (go here and look on the right sidebar for subscriber info).
I will select a winner using Random.org, so be sure you leave a separate comment for each entry, I will also be moderating comments to check that your entries are valid-please be honest!
Contest ENDS November 22, 2009. Winner will be announced here, and emailed (your email MUST be in each comment/or enabled in blogger). Winner must reply to my email within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.