What is a Strider Running Bike?
*words in italics are taken from the Strider site.
The Strider™ running bike is free from any cables, chains, sprockets, pedals or protrusions that can harm your child.
And the Strider™ is steady, stable and safe. At the first feeling of instability, your child will instinctively place both feet securely on the ground. So there are no "tricycle tip-overs" or "training-wheel wobbles" that stir-up a fear, hesitancy, or dislike of bike riding.
The Strider’s lightweight design and low center of gravity make it easy to maneuver and control, giving your child a safe and secure feeling. And the bike’s adjustable seat height starts at 11 inches from the ground, accommodating the shortest of legs.
Control is further enhanced with a low and flat handlebar design. Kids can now reach forward rather than up, which gives them better leverage and maneuverability. And as the your child becomes more confident, the Strider’s integrated foot rests provide a place for both feet while coasting along.This is the absolute perfect bike for a young child. The age recommendation is: 1-5, and Krash is 3 1/2 so it was just perfect. Now owning it, I can see where it would have been wonderful to have long before now! I look forward to letting Ladybug start riding it much earlier than K did. Here you can read the advantages of a Strider Running Bike on their site, in case you are unfamiliar with these awesome bikes.
We live in the inner city, so we ride bikes in weird places. Here's Krash in action on our deck, which he loves, and rides around in circles for hours!
Krash had a bit of trouble for the first day, as he realized he actually had to learn to balance. He enjoyed the challenge and was so proud of himself the first time he was able to glide with his feet up. It was giggles and smiles galore as he proudly displayed his new talent!
My favorite things about this bike:
- Lightweight~ I was shocked with how light it was
- Smooth and safe ~no rough edges (like pedals, chains)
- Reasonably Challenging ~ Krash had to learn how to balance, and I loved that it was a bit of a challenge for him, but one he could easily figure out quickly and feel a sense of accomplishment!
- Looks Cool ~ I love the dirt-bike look. It looks like a real big kid bike!
- Awesome Color ~ We love orange (and they have tons of other cools colors too)
Anyone who has a young child should definitely put this on a Christmas list...or just buy one now if you can afford it! I promise you won't regret it. You can get your own, here on their site.
Do YOU want to win this awesome bike??? Yes, I thought so, who wouldn't?! Strider is donating an orange bike just like the one they gave to us!!! Here's what you need to do to enter...
Tell in your comment how old your child is~the one you'd like to win this bike for (or your grandchild, nephew, niece, etc.).
After you do that, you can gain some extra entries by doing any of the following, remember to leave an extra comment for each item so they will count as entries...
- Subscriber to Strider Bikes newsletter(see here on bottom right sidebar), for an extra entry!
- Go here, read how Strider Bikes started and come back to tell something you learned in your comment-it's a neat story!
- Go here and watch one of the videos they have of a Strider Bike in action, come back and tell in the comment which one you watched! (be honest please!)
- If you will post a photo of your child on his/her new bike and about Strider on on your blog, if you win, give yourself an extra entry!
I will select a winner using Random.org, so be sure you leave a separate comment for each entry, I will also be moderating comments to check that your entries are valid-please be honest!
Contest ENDS October 18, 2009. Winner will be announced here, and emailed (your email MUST be in each comment/or enabled in blogger). Winner must reply to my email within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.
See general 1000 Subscribers Celebration Guidelines Here! This giveaway is the second of our Grand Finale giveaways, so everyone is eligible to win, even past winners during our celebration!